Tuesday 31 July 2012

Graduate Highlight - Heather Patz

Graduated from Wonderdogs: 2005
Business Name:  Good Dog Ranch and Spa
Location: Coquitlam, BC
A Word From Heather: 
Taking Ben's professional trainers program laid the foundations for a career that I absolutely love. The program was not only informative with lecture material, but also had the emphasis on practical learning that I believe a program like this needs to be successful. The fact that Ben's school is accredited is also a major contributing factor to the legitimacy of the quality of learning. 
Above all that, the experience of the program is one that I will always think of with fond memories. My dog that I brought as my learner dog, Jetta, was a recent adoption with very high drive and aggression issues with both people and dogs. Ben had the confidence to take her from me and let her run with the other dogs, which was incredibly emotional for me to see, as I wouldn't have done it on my own. Ben and his team also kept the learning experience fun - we were constantly going on new trips and adventures with our dogs, which really demonstrated the freedoms you can have with your dog if they are properly trained. 
My company, Good Dog, is a growing company that offers dog training, boarding and daycare. I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life! Being a business owner is not for everyone, but for me, the diversity and flexibility it provides keeps me interested and challenged. The added benefit is that I get to not only work with my own dogs but get constant exposure to new dogs that I can help along the way.  
Without Ben's program, I wouldn't have had the certification and skill set to do what I love doing. I highly recommend this program. 

Heather has 2 locations, more than 15 staff working under her, and cares for 30-40 dogs per day.  



For more information on Heather Patz and Good Dog Ranch & Spa visit www.gooddog.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment