Saturday 27 October 2012

On the Road to Success...

Checkout what former graduate Mary McCarthy has been up to, it is always great to hear about a graduate’s success. I hope this inspires others on their path to success. Way to go Mary!

Hi!

Thanks so much for that! I really appreciate that although I graduated over a year ago I still feel connected; updates, resources, facebook/support groups, refreshers... Nobody's being left out, nobody's being tossed to the wolves ;) Well... maybe we are, but darn it, we're prepared (and can go back to check our notes and ask questions if we forget something!).

I am now managing a PetValu store (same company as Bosley's and Paulmac's) here in Nova Scotia. There is a huge learning curve for me. It's great though! It's sort of like going back to school and getting paid for it. I am gaining excellent experience in a few areas that I know I need: management experience, sales experience, and more in depth pet nutrition knowledge. In addition, I can build my network in Nova Scotia; getting to know local animal rescues, becoming more familiar with dog/pet issues specific to NS (bylaws, parks, etc), and of course, simply talking to pet owners and learning their needs. (It's all part of a bigger plan I have for myself!)

Although I'm not training, I love when I can help advise customers on the best collar type for their dog, recommend a fun and safe toy, or help solve a behavioural problem. I'm learning a lot of new things, and I still get to help owners build a better relationship with their dog!

So thank you so much Ben! My supervisor was thrilled with the reference you gave me, so of course I am too! I really appreciate you taking the time to chat with him; that means a lot to me.

Please take care Ben, Nancy, and staff!

All the best,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment